2007/07/09

First night - First home - First dog

Coco's first photo. She was just 2 years old...


On 25th October, 1999, there was a big change in my family. The number of family members was increased from 3 to 4...which means that there was a "newcomer" joined to my family. Yes...the newcomers is a dog, a Schnauzer.

As i remember, one week before the "newcomer" arrived my home, my family and i went to a pet shop and saw a very cute Schnauzer. The shopkeeper put "*her" on my father's solder and a few times when my father wanted to put her down, she did not let my father go. She just clawed tightly. She gave a feeling to us that "Bring me home, Bring me home, i don't want to stay here...". But finally, we put her back to the cage and left the shop. Because we were still thinking/arguing about whether that's a good idea to have a pet. Because we knew that to have a pet, we must put more time and responsibility to take care of it instead of just putting it at home.

So, during that week, my dad and i made an appointment with my mum that both of us would take care of it. But one problem came to us was that we did not know whether "she" was still at the shop or not...@.@ Therefore, my mum and i went to the shop again and luckily, that "she " was still there. When "she" saw us walked in the shop, she kept barking very loudly and her tail was shaking powerfully. She seems recognizing us. We told the shopkeeper that we wanted her to become our family member. So, after we paid the money, the shopkeeper gave her a shower. After that i embraced her and caught a Taxi home. (On the taxi, she sat on my leg very quietly and kept looking around. Honestly, that was my first time to hold a "real dog" in that close. I felt very exciting and i think she had the same feeling as mine. v^.^v)

15 minutes later, we arrived home. I put her on the floor and she started to check around. She looked at the sofa, looked at the tables, smelt at the cupboard, smelt the toilet =.=". Everything at home seems very new to her...A few minutes later, she barked at the door...Oh...it's because my dad came home. When he saw her, he was surprised. (Because my mum and i didn't tell him that we brought her home) He clawed her at once and she licked my dad's cheek <-- What a warm scene!!. My dad gave her dinner, we played with her and settled the cage for her to sleep that night... (To Be Continued...)

*She was just 4 months old at that time...

2 comments:

Winnie said...

HOHO~~ first time to hear the whole(actually half) story of ur dog... feel ur 少有的溫柔 (笑)

Peter Podcast said...

Lovely story.
You seem to have a rather good command of english.